Updated: Dec 26, 2018
I hear all the time that people don’t have time to make videos. I get it. We are all busy Realtors® and we have to go on appointments, show houses, go to meetings, do paperwork, and try to have a life too! But making videos WILL BRING YOU BUSINESS. Not leads, business. So you MUST make the time. It will pay you back in spades, I promise!
So how can we do this as quickly as possible? Here’s what I do:
1. Pick a place to film your videos, like your home office. If you can set up your lights and tripod and leave them up all the time, bonus! If there’s no room put them somewhere easily accessible.
2. Pick one day a month to record videos. This means you’ll research topics in advance, know what you’re going to talk about, and print out an outline (or have it on your phone.)
3. PUT RECORDING DAY ON YOUR CALENDAR. It’s an appointment. Treat it as such. I like to do it in the morning after the kids have gone to school and I’ve gotten ready for the day. Spend 60-90 minutes making videos and you’ll be done for a whole month!
4. Import those videos into your video editing program. Save each one with its own name. Now you can edit one a week or send them to someone on Fiverr and pay to have it done.
5. You can upload one a week to YouTube or you can upload them in advance and schedule them to go out on your chosen publishing day.
6. Ta da! DONE! A lot of people get hung up on editing. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. We are not trying to win an Oscar here! Your goal is to come across as friendly, competent, and trustworthy. If you can add in some extra footage or graphics to make it more interesting to watch, fabulous! But when you’re just starting don’t worry too much about it. Just delete your mistakes, when someone rings the doorbell, if you sneeze, stuff like that. Once you get the hang of it you can do a basic editing job in about half an hour. You can always learn to make it fancy later. #youtubeforagents #youtubeforrealtors #makeyoutubevideos